14 things to bake with the kids - Vegan Banana bread
Putting our overripe bananas to good use! We made some vegan banana bread and it tastes so yummy! If COVID-19 has left you struggling to find eggs and butter, don't worry, here's a really easy recipe for you to continue use baking delicious treats! Our banana bread recipe is eggless and can be dairy free too - just swap the milk with almond milk or oat milk. It also tastes great with added sultanas or walnuts.
For this recipe you will need
180g plain flour
125g sugar 60ml oil (sunflower/vegetable/corn oil)
2 - 3 over-riped bananas
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp of milk/almond milk/ oat milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C
2. Mash together your banas and make sure there are no lumpy bits
3. Now mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground nutmeg and cinnamon
4. Add the oil and sugar to your mashed bananas and mix well. Add this to the flour mixture and gently fold together.
5. At this stage you can add in 50g of sultanas of chopped walnuts if you preferred.
6. Add vanilla. f your mixture is a bt on the tick side, ad a drop of milk - this can be almond or oat mill too.
7. Add the mixture to a lined cake loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes
For the full video click here and don't forget to subscribe!