14 Things to bake with the kids - Tortilla wraps
Hey everyone, we have just had the most delicious dinner using homemade tortilla wraps! I can believe how easy they were to make and you can do it too!
To make the tortilla wraps you will need
250g Plain flour plus extra for dusting
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking powder
3 tbsp Oil
125ml warm water
1. Into your bowl, add your flour, salt, baking powder and mix together.
2. Make a well (a small hole) into the bowl and add the oil. Slowly add in the warm water and mix together until it forms a ball of dough.
3. Lightly flour your surface and knead the dough until it is soft and no longer sticks to your hands or the table.
4. Divide your dough into 8 pieces and roll these out into balls. Place these onto a baking tray and cover with cling film for 15 - 20 minutes.
5. After this period, roll out your balls of dough to a thickness of about half a cm. You want it quite flat, but not too thick.
6. Heat a frying pan ensuring that it is dry and does not have any oils. Gently place your wrap inside the hot pan. it will have some air bubbles, which you can flatten using some tongs. Leave for 1 minute before flipping it over for another minute.
7. Use immediately! If you wanted to save them for later, you can cover with a warm tea towel, or place them in a large zip-lock bag.
If you love this recipe, subscribe to our channel and watch some of our other videos where we have been baking during this COVID-19 period. Like and follow us on social media too!