Now, I don't know about you, but I'm finding it sooo difficult to find bread in ANY of the stores! And with the kids being at home all day, brad is essential for mid morning sandwiches! If your bread supplies are running low here's a quick recipe to bake the easiest and tastiest soda bread for everyone. It tastes absolutely lovely with just butter alone!
For this recipe you will need:
350g plain flour plus extra for kneading
285ml buttermilk (you can make your own buttermilk by adding 2.5 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar to 285ml of fresh milk)
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees centigrade
2.Weigh and sift your flour into a bowl
3. Now add the salt and bicarbonate of soda to your flour
4. Using your spatula, mix the buttermilk into the flour. Fold gently until a dough begins to form
5. Sprinkle some flour onto your work surface and knead the dough using your hands
6. Roll into a ball and place it onto a baking tray lined with parchment or greaseproof paper. Use a sharp knife to score the top of the dough making two diagonal lines ten let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
7. Place your tray into the oven and bake for 30minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack once baked before devouring.
For a full video please watch below and don't forget to subscribe to our youTube channel for more videos