14 things to bake with the kids - Pancakes
Ahhh pancakes, that sweet dish, that can also be a savoury meal. A meal that is so versatile that it can be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Now I prefer a bit of a 'bounce' to my pancakes instead of a delicate crepe. Antonia helped me make the most fluffiest and tastiest pancakes that we ate for sunday brunch! Topped with crispy bacon and lashings of golden syrup. Another favourite flavour combination is fresh strawberries and blueberries and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
You will need
250g Plain flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
4 Tbsp Butter (melted)
250ml Buttermilk (2 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice added to 250ml of milk/almond milk or oat milk)
1 Tsp Baking powder
1/2 Tsp salt
1. Using a sieve, sift your flour into a bowl. Now add your sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Slowly pour in your melted butter and buttermilk and mix using a metal whisk or a handheld mixer. Mix until the batter is nice and smooth.
3. Now it's time to fry! On a low heat, add a knob of butter or spray oil to coat the pan. Using a ladle, gently pour in your batter.
4. Flip over using a spatula once the edges begin to brown, this may take 2 - 3 minutes.
5. Et voila! we made 9 pancakes which were around 10 cms in diameter.
Have you watched our video? Didn't Antonia do so well! If you agree subscribe to our YouTube channel and share with us your pancakes too! If you love this recipe, subscribe to our channel and watch some of our other videos where we have been baking during this COVID-19 period.