14 things to bake with the kids - Homemade Pizzas
This recipe takes some prepping but once your dough is made, your pizzas will be ready in next to no time! We made homemade pizzas using whatever we had in the house. This COVID-19 let's you get creative! The pizza's were delicious and made a lot of pizzas! We enjoyed having them for lunch and had plenty leftover for the next day too. Try them yourself and don't forget to tag us into your creations on our social media pages below!
So for this recipe you will need
900g strong bread flour
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
500ml lukewarm water
1 sachet of yeast (7grams)
1. To make the dough, add the sachet of yeast to the lukewarm water, mix together and let it set for 5-10mins until bubbles appear.
2. Using a stand mixer with a dough hook, mix together sifted bread flour, sugar, oilve oil and water. Once the dough is nearly formed, add the salt the mix some more. When the dough begins to no longer stick to the sides of the bowl, your dough is ready.
3. On a floured work surface, knead the dough until it's soft and no longer sticks to your hands
4. In a clean bowl greased with oil, place the dough and cover with cling film or a damp, clean tea-towel. Keep it in a warm place for 2-3 hours to prove (rise) and it doubles in size
5. Check the dough after 1.5 hours and preheat your oven to 180 degree centigrade
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, knock out the air and continue to knead for a further 2-3 minutes.
7. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a circular shape. Now you are ready to top with tomato sauce (passata), cheese and whatever topping you like! Remember, meats should be cooked first, so if adding bacon, chicken or ground beef, make sure they have been cooked first. Another tip is to assemble your pixxa on the baking tray first - trust me it will help!
8. Now bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes!