Its Day 2 of "14 things to bake with the kids" and today we are making Flapjacks!!! I'm LITERALLY scouring my food cupboards to see what fun things we can bake! Flapjacks are so simple to make for even the littlest of bakers!
For this recipe we used a mixture of Golden syrup, Honey and Agave syrup as that is what we have left!!! I was gifted a bottle of Tate and Lyle's Organic Agave Plant Syrup and my word it is simply LUSH!!!! Plus it's suitable for a Vegan diet too! Definitely going to use it more in my recipes. Anyways...back to baking FLAPJACKS!!!
You will need:
200g Butter plus additional butter to grease your tin
200g Brown sugar (or granulated sugar if that is all you have)
4tbsp Honey or Golden syrup or Agave syrup
50g of chocolate chips / mixed nuts / sultanas
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C
Melt together in a saucepan the sugar and butter and place into a saucepan. Once melted, add the golden syrup.
2. Place the oats into a big bowl
3. Now add the melted butter and sugar to the oats and
stir. You can also add dried fruits, nuts or chocolate chips at this stage if you wanted to.
4. Grease your baking tin or casserole dish with butter and add the mixture. Don't forget to pat it down
5. Place into an oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes
You can watch the full video here and don't forget to like and subscribe to our page!