14 things to bake with the kids - Chocolate "crunchie" bars and Chocolate bark
Today we are bringing you two easy recipes to bring in the Easter vibes into your home. Plus they make great "rewards" when the kids have completed a piece of homeschool work. There's not much baking involved, but an adult will need to help when making honeycomb.
For the Homemade Crunchie bars you will need:
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 & 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
100g milk chocolate (melted)
1. Before starting, you will need to make sure that all the equipment you need is close buy. You will need to have close to you your baking sheet lined with parchment paper or ideally, a silicon mat. You also need to have close by a metal whisk and your measured bicarbonate of soda.
2. In a saucepan, melt together the sugar and golden syrup.
3. When it turns a caramel colour (like maple syrup), quickly pour in the bicarbonate of soda and whisk together for about 10 - 15 seconds. It will bubble up quick rapidly. Then pour the mixture onto your mat (do not smooth it out at this stage or else you will flatten out the bubbles
4. Leave to set on the mat for 15mins.
5. Once hardened you can break the honeycomb into shards.
6. Use a fork to dip the shards into chocolate and set in the fridge.
For the Chocolate Bark you will need:
100g of good quality chocolate
lots of mini chocolate eggs, sweets, sprinkles, whatever! Great creative!
1. Melt the chocolate and pour it onto a silicon mat or baking paper, in a rectangular shape.
2. Whilst still wet, decorate with your choice of chocolates and sprinkles, sweets, whatever!
3. Let it set in the fridge for 10-15 mins then break into triangular shards
If you love this recipe, subscribe to our channel and watch some of our other videos where we have been baking during this COVID-19 period.