If you're craving for something a little bit decadent, and trust me you deserve it, then why not bake these tasty cookies. Crunchy on the outside but deliciously soft in the middle, you may need to double up on this recipe as they did not last up to an hour over here at home!
Now, this recipe is a bit fiddly, and takes some time to perfect, but once mastered, you will have beautiful, cookies for your cookie jar - or biscuit tin (same thing!)
Anyways, back to the recipe, you will need:
100g white granulated sugar
165g brown sugar
115g butter (melted)
1tsp vanilla extract
1 medium sized egg
155g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
200g chocolate chips
1. Weigh into the bowl the white and brown sugar and mix together with your melted butter and vanilla extract.
2. in a separate bowl sieve together the flour and bicarbonate of soda
3. Add the egg to the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Gently fold in the flour until everything is incorporated. Now add in the chocolate chips - if you don't have chocolate chips, you can break bars of chocolate into pieces.
5. Place into the fridge for 45 minutes - an hour. You want the mixture to be firm to the touch.
6. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180 degrees
7. Once your cookie dough is firm, using an ice-cream scoop (or two large spoons), place a dollop of dough onto your baking tray that has been lined with greaseproof or parchment paper. as the cookies do spread, I would recommend placing 6 dough balls at a time.
8. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, allowing for them to cool before eating. You should be able to make around 12 cookies.
You can watch the full recipe here on our Youtube channel.
If you love this recipe, subscribe to our channel and watch some of our other videos where we have been baking during this COVID-19 period.